enter image description here

Note that: The information on the panel could show menus of a restaurant as the above picture. Or, it could show some instruction that you often see in university or school. Or, people may put some advert on it.

Is this generally called "a display stand with a base" in everyday conversation?


"Display stand with base" looks like the description in a catalogue, or an online site like Amazon.

In "conversation" there is more context and you'd probably call this "a stand" unless having a "base" is particularly important. In fact you probably wouldn't refer to it at all, it is just implied by the context:

I want to get something to display the menu on.

Can you put the new menu up.

I'llpost this instruction outside the room.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.