I am a English learner and recently asked a question. In my description, I wrote following.

I know that there are phrasal verbs like loop up, look out, Pass away, etc. But, I want to know what this type of words are called which are made up of two complete English words: overrun, outnumbered, turnover, etc. and these group of words are single word and not hyphenated words.

Someone pointed out saying that it should be "these types of words". Is it correct? My intense is to say, they (words) are collection of particular type and that type is only one (compound) type.

Sorry, for being inquisitive. I am just trying to improve my language skills.


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .