What's the way to describe the following thing?

I use Office Word software, and once it was stuck and wasn't responsive and then (I'm looking for the correct word here: closed, failed, crashed etc.).


The most common word to describe this is crash. It describes the exit of a program resulting from an error, sometimes after a prolonged period of the computer/program being frozen.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.