When a question becomes a Hot Network Question, it attracts so many views. I have noticed that after few days of becoming hot, the question loses its effect and slowly "......"es from Hot Network Question. I need a word in the blank whose meaning should be "getting removed".

How can I say that? Is there a word for that?

the question is now ".....ing" from Hot Network Question


1 Answer 1


Perhaps to fade? Merriam-Webster lists various definitions that might apply, e.g. "to sink away" (because it literally sinks down the list).

I would use the plural for questions, though:

The question is now fading from the Hot Network Questions.

to recede may also fit.

You must log in to answer this question.