Outside the bank, the Chief of police and some other police officials/personnel/people were conferring.

What would you call it if we don't talk normal police officers but someone of a higher rank?

  • Ranks vary from country to country, here's a police-rank model of the States. Feb 20 '21 at 14:21
  • 2
    "High-ranking [police] officers"? Feb 20 '21 at 16:16

I would probably describe them simply as “senior police officials”. “High ranking” would also be an acceptable term to use.

  • Yes, senior is the way to go. But I am not sure about high-ranking in this context.
    – Lambie
    Feb 20 '21 at 17:00

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .