enter image description here

Is there a particular word used to refer to them?

  • Most commonly the thing in the picture is called an 'arch of flowers' or 'flower arch'. Commented Feb 27, 2021 at 21:21

2 Answers 2


They are often called floral arches:

Also flower arch is used.


"Arbor" and "pergola" are terms for these types of structure. There are many web pages giving further information. One view is that an arbor has two or four legs (the vertical part touching the ground) whereas a pergola has four or more verticals. However many people assume the words are synonyms.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .