Is there a word for every cinematographic techniques used by cameramen? I can only think of specific terms like "scene transitions" and "shots", but I am wondering if there's a word that include all of them and more. I need to know what such a word might be so I can do more research on the subject.


You're so close: cinematography.

Unrelated: "every" is a little misleading in your title. It seems to ask if each technique has a corresponding name, rather than to seek a word covering all techniques.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.