It seems that "Converger" is not even a word. However, I cannot express my question in any other way. I looked on the Internet with no luck.

I need a word or an official idiom to express an adjective of a person who can converge the different points of view and come up with a solution that makes everyone happy.

Is there such a word?

  • Converger is certainly a word. However, it doesn't really mean what you want. – stangdon Apr 16 at 11:32
  • If the parties are fighting then peacemaker would work. – mdewey Apr 16 at 12:15

Mediator is probably the best:

One who negotiates between parties seeking mutual agreement.

It carries the connotation of a third party who tries to find a middle ground between two other parties, as opposed to simply negotiator which could mean someone working for the benefit of one side or the other.

Evaluator or arbitrator are similar terms you can look up.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.