enter image description here

Is there another name for rollercoaster restraints? I tried to look for a synonym, but I couldn't find anything, so I was wondering if there was no other word or phrase to refer to these things.

  • 1
    "Restraints" works well for me
    – James K
    May 27, 2021 at 5:42
  • 1
    If you called them 'safety bars' or 'safety harness' people would know what you mean. May 27, 2021 at 7:31
  • 1
    Is there a reason you need a word other than restraints? That's what Coasterpedia calls them, and that's the most common term. They do have specific terms for different kinds of restraints, though.
    – stangdon
    May 27, 2021 at 11:36
  • safety harness sounds better to me for some reason.
    – Sayaman
    May 27, 2021 at 12:10

1 Answer 1


Consider harness, as in Coasterpedia's Over-the-shoulder harness page.

See also other specific terms for restraints.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .