According to the Cambridge Dictionary definition the phrase "shiver down your spine means:
a frightened or excited feeling:
- At its most terrifying, his writing sends shivers down my spine.
But the problem is that when the idiom's construction changes as follows:
- Whenever I hear that music, I feel "a" shiver down my spine.
I was wondering if there are two different idioms structurally when it comes to the verbs "send" and "feel":
- Send shivers down one's spine
- Feel a shiver down one's spine
or the construction:
- feel shivers down one's spine
is correct too?
Please let me know about it.