What's the name for an object (not a curtain or tint) placed on a car window to reduce the sun exposure?


enter image description here

2 Answers 2


Car window sunshade protector

enter image description here

or simply

Car shades

When I googled car blinds I also came across

Car Window Sunshades & Blinds

  • I think this good answer illustrates the difference between a "name" and a "description".
    – James K
    Jun 9, 2021 at 21:24

I spent some time recently trying to find the most popular name for these and settled on "Car sunshade". However, it's a pretty even split between that and "Car window shade". See my blog.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .