Hand-held circular saw

What do you call the flat part of the circular saw? Is it called a rest?

I am talking about the flat rectangular part attached to it with a hole in the middle to let the blade go through the rectangle. I am not sure what it's called.


Doing an image search for "circular saw parts", shows images like the following, so the part appears to be called a base plate. enter image description here

Other images also refer to it as just a "base", or just a "plate".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.