enter image description here

How do you call the round blob of hair in this female haircut? The two blob of hair before the ponytails, what do you call that? Is there a word for it?

  • 1
    It is a hairstyle, not a haircut. :)
    – Lambie
    Commented Jul 27, 2021 at 17:01

2 Answers 2


This is a bun.

A bun is a type of hairstyle in which the hair is pulled back from the face, twisted or plaited, and wrapped in a circular coil around itself, typically on top or back of the head or just above the neck.

The specific hairstyle is a double bun, or a pigtail bun. It's also known as the "odango with pigtails" hairstyle.


The round part is called a


A hairstyle in which the hair is drawn back into a tight coil at the back of the head.

From Lexico.

See also various images such as #2: Dutch Braids into Voluminous Buns and others in the series. There are numerous hairstyles that use a bun, and the question asks for the name of the blob of hair.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .