Imagine somebody gives me some instructions I need to follow when reading some pages, and those instructions tell me what I have to do with those pages, and those instructions are the following.
- Ignore the line starting with title
- If there is a line starting with version, check the value after version
- If that value starts with 1, put the page on your right
- If that value is 3, put that page on your left
- For other values, write error on the page and put it on your left
Does ignore imply the line starting with title must be present on the page, or does it mean I shouldn't pay attention to the fact a line starting with title doesn't exist?
I am asking because a person seems to interpret the first instruction as it implies the "title" line must be present on the page.