Suppose my friend has broken his arm and I've experienced the same. How to say if I understand how hurt it did?

The phrase I could think of is "I feel you" but, in my opinion, it's so awkward and sounds weird if I say that to my friend.

  • 1
    You can say "I feel for you". Sep 6 at 12:23

You could say something like:

I know what it feels like
I know what you are going through

There is also an expression "I feel your pain", but it generally refers to mental anguish rather than physical pain- often used ironically to somebody who is over-reacting to a trivial problem.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.