What are such words as "five-minute breaks" called?

"There are five-minute breaks after each lesson."

1 Answer 1


"Breaks" is a noun (in its plural form) It is modified by the phrase "five-minute" which is formed from a numeral and a special type of noun: a unit.

The whole phrase is a noun phrase. This noun phrase is the complement in the "There are ..." clause

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .