enter image description here

Is there a word for the act or technique of conveying movement in a single frame? I am wondering if there's exist such a word.

2 Answers 2


Your image combines multiples, motion lines ('whoosh lines') and blurring. These are explained and illustrated here, here and here.


Maybe this would apply:
vanimation the smear

Smear frames, animation smears...
"Smear uses a single frame or short run of frames and depicts one quick blur."

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .