I visited a local restaurant recently. They had a board on the wall, which had a collection newspaper articles(about local sport teams) pinned to it.

In my native country, we have the word notice board(at office/at your dorm etc), where all the important memo are pinned, for everyone to see.

The boards that I saw, was like a notice board/collage(in my home country).

Can somebody suggest an alternative world to collage/notice board?

  • 3
    I would call it a notice board. A collage is an artwork made by sticking small pictures and other things to a background (it means 'glueing' in French). May 8, 2022 at 8:07

1 Answer 1


As @KateBunting has mentioned, the word "collage" is mostly used in the art context.

You have already come up with the right answer which is "noticeboard", but if you are looking for something else, here are some alternatives: ;-)

bulletin board, pin board

Personally I think pin board has just the right feel to it.

See this Wikipedia page for more information.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .