A few days ago, I read a synonym of ‘homeroom teacher’, regretfully I remembering not from which I’ve read. And I remember the dictionary I looked up said the word is mainly used in Britain. Can you say the word?

  • 1
    I do not know the US system, but I think homeroom teacher is the closest to what is called a form tutor in Britain. – None Aug 16 '14 at 9:14
  • @Laure, Thank you so much. It's in OALD #11 – Listenever Aug 16 '14 at 10:30

At my school (a grammar school in Lancashire, UK) he or she was called a form teacher (not tutor).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.