Is there a word for it? There's the term food taster, but it seems it's used for people who test food for poison. I am talking more about people who taste food for big food companies, like a candy factory or a refrigerated meal factory.

1 Answer 1


In the U.S., we often call such a person a "taste tester". From vocabulary.com:

someone who samples food or drink for its quality

From Wikipedia:

taste tests are sometimes used as a tool by companies to develop their brand or new products

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .