enter image description here

I see two types of bandages used, but I am talking about the one on the hands, that can also be applied on other parts of the body. I am not sure what's the other white thing on top of it, and what it's called, but I was looking for the word for the bandage.

1 Answer 1


That's gauze:

When used as a medical dressing, woven gauze is usually made of cotton. It is especially useful for dressing wounds where other fabrics might stick to the burn or laceration. — Wikipedia

roll and some of its uses: wound dressing, trauma nursing, fixed dressing, fixed joint

Image from eBay 5 Rolls Gauze Bandage Disposable Leg Ankle Wound Bandages Breathable Soft

Bonus: The part on top is apparently a mesh bandage, used to hold other dressings in place. I have never heard of them before but the name is intuitive enough.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .