Is there any formal and informal word for person too sensetive to cold, like she/he easily starting shaking with it if goes outside

  • 2
    I immediately thought of nesh, but it's probably too much of a dialect word for your purposes. Sep 6, 2022 at 11:56
  • @KateBunting I think it is widely used though so probably is the best option at least in BrE.
    – mdewey
    Sep 6, 2022 at 16:21

1 Answer 1


No, there is no one English word that says all that. You have to use a short phrase, such as:


Easily chilled

Susceptible to shivering


By the way, be aware that "frigid" has a special connotation as an adjective for a female person, and in that sense has nothing to do with temperature.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .