I once heard a friend say a word to a friend who had just had a new born baby. As I looked it up in the dictionary, I found its meaning equals "well done, nice job or praise someone for their nicely done job", but it's a formal word, like Congratulations, or my Condolences.

Unfortunately, now I've forgotten the word, I hope that someone here might help me, thanks in advance!

  • Can it be "Greetings, my friend..." ? – user3214 Aug 26 '14 at 7:34
  • @GATA no it's not, kind of a long one – f855a864 Aug 26 '14 at 7:36
  • 2
    How do we read your friend's mind? And there might be 100s of words to refer to the event -formally and informally. :) – Maulik V Aug 26 '14 at 9:38

Felicitations is a synonym for congratulations.
It fits your description.

Although, as others have commented, there could be a number of possibilities.

  • 1
    It may be worth mentioning that this is not a very commonly-used word. You might even get some funny looks if you use it in every day conversation. – J.R. Aug 26 '14 at 21:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.