I don't know the native way to express the meaning I put on the title, hope some friend here can help me ~~

  • On TV or website?
    – Stuart F
    Sep 28, 2022 at 6:57
  • Note that in 'take a look', the verb has become a noun. Sep 28, 2022 at 7:44
  • On TV like Cbs channel : )
    – Dada
    Sep 28, 2022 at 11:42

1 Answer 1


If it is a quick look you can go with

Glance(Merriam-Webster Dictionary) to take a quick look at something.

Skim (Merriam-Webster Dictionary) to read, study, or examine superficially and rapidly

Scan (Cambridge Dictionary) to look through a text quickly in order to find a piece of information that you want or to get a general idea of what the text contains

Example sentences would be "Every morning I skim the news on CNN."

Other verbs such as "view" or "check" are also used commonly. It varies from person to person. There is no single preferred verb for this action.

  • Thank you so much Banuyayi ! Thanks for the comments and big help. I will use skim in future. :)
    – Dada
    Sep 28, 2022 at 12:24

This site is temporarily in read-only mode and not accepting new answers.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .