Suppose that in the US, where right-hand traffic is the practice, someone is driving on the left-hand side of the road while they should be on the right-hand side.

How do you describe this kind of behaviour?

1 Answer 1


They would be driving against the traffic. This is also called wrong-way driving or counterflow driving. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrong-way_driving

  • 1
    Where I live (UK) this action is very often called 'driving on the wrong side of the road'. Oct 10, 2022 at 8:05

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .