I need to know whether there is any technical term to refer to the specific knowledge and ability which is used to transfer the knowledge itself; i.e. I am looking for a (perhaps) technical term that is used as a reference to a successful teacher assuming the fact that they are quite knowledgeable to teach a particular subject matter, however they have the knowledge of knowledge transfer too. Is there any technical or non-technical term to refer to this ability? I mean knowledge of knowledge transfer in English?

The former 'knowledge' in "knowledge of knowledge transfer", is a sort of art. In other words, the art of knowledge transfer, which in turn, can be called a knowledge itself.
I needed to discover whether there is any particular term as a reference to this art or not! I think there should be something in language teaching terminology, since I heard something once; I cannot remember what that was though!

  • 1
    "Knowledge of knowledge" is epistemology. "Knowledge of knowledge transfer" sounds like teaching to me. Or pedagogy if you're looking for a 50-cent word. Jan 10, 2023 at 16:18
  • Is there a reason you didn't consider the word teach? It seems odd that that well written question such as yours belongs to someone unfamiliar with the word teach. You even use teach in the question. Can you add any details to your question on why teach hasn't been considered as the answer? Has teach lost its zing?
    – EllieK
    Jan 10, 2023 at 19:10
  • Yes @elliek-dont-support-her. I trued to provide some more details in order to clarify my intention. Please have a look on it and let me know if still there are some ambiguities.
    – A-friend
    Feb 4, 2023 at 18:36

1 Answer 1

  • Knowing how to transfer knowledge
  • Knowing how to do knowledge transfer [for example]

How to Do Knowledge Transfer Effectively So, how does one actually transfer knowledge?

Knowledge transfer is an activity. Therefore, how to transfer knowledge means knowing how to do it.

knowledge transfer

  • Thank you @Lambie. You seem to be close to the term in my question; however, how can we intensify such a phrase? Perhaps, "S/he knows well how to effectively transfer knowledge" or something. That being said, it sounds a little wordy and even stilted somehow! I am wondering how we can moderate it, or rather, how would you phrase it in a more elegant way?
    – A-friend
    Feb 4, 2023 at 18:45
  • 1
    The term knowledge transfer has been around for ages, and comes from the field of developmental economics. In any case, what I said does not sound stilted.
    – Lambie
    Feb 4, 2023 at 23:19

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .