What are the small tied threads at the edge of cloths or table cloths - called?

enter image description here enter image description here

2 Answers 2


The whole thing is called a fringe.


The ones in the second photo are tassels.

  • A fringe of tassels? Commented Jan 19, 2023 at 11:07
  • @MichaelHarvey I was hoping it could be called 'tassellated' but apparently not (yet). Commented Jan 19, 2023 at 11:13
  • This is the correct answer. The OP is asking about the threads on the edges. If the OP asked about all of the threads together as some design or structural element, then fringe would be appropriate. Commented Jan 19, 2023 at 21:05

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .