A teacher in school is supposed to ask students (once a month or a bit more often) about what kind of food they would want to have for lunch daily during the upcoming month, and then, based on their answers, to choose an appropriate food-providing company, call them and sign a contract with them for one month. He/she is also responsible to provide the school's correct address and arrange some students who will be receiving and distributing food when the truck from that company has arrived.

How would that position be properly named in English?

In an Asian country where I live they call this position as "secretary for lunch", which I don't think conveys the correct meaning.

  • 1
    Arrangements in Britain are very different. School meals are organised by non-teaching staff in accordance with government guidelines (to ensure a healthy diet) and without consulting the students. You could perhaps say catering secretary? Feb 24, 2023 at 9:00
  • @KateBunting If my grandchildren's schools consulted the pupils, they would just need to order chicken nuggets and fries in bulk, and all the kids would start to look pasty and obese. Except for my granddaughter, who'd want a vegan option. Like her grandpa. Feb 24, 2023 at 9:19
  • [is responsible for inquiring]
    – Lambie
    Feb 24, 2023 at 18:10
  • One inquires of a people or a person. In the UK, you can 'enquire' if you prefer. Feb 24, 2023 at 20:08

1 Answer 1


I am not familiar with this role, but based on the description, it sounds like lunch coordinator or lunch supervisor would be possible names.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .