The sun light or bulb light shines into the water in a pool and causes some moving pictures on the wall or ceiling.

enter image description here

Is it called a water shadow?

  • 2
    I don't think there is a specific word. I think part of your misunderstanding is the meaning of bóng - which (wiktionary says) can be used in viet for both a shadow and reflection. In English, if the sun shines on a tree and then the dark shape on the ground where the sun is blocked is a "shadow", but the picture of the tree you see in a lake or in a mirror is a reflection.
    – James K
    Apr 22 at 15:25
  • However "water reflection" isn't the answer. I would use "the dancing pattern of light (reflected from the surface of the water)"
    – James K
    Apr 22 at 15:26
  • 1
    Water does not cast shadows.
    – Lambie
    Apr 22 at 15:43

1 Answer 1


Such moving patterns are called reflections.

enter image description here


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .