Looking at the two images below how to you refer to each drawing style?

enter image description here

enter image description here

In general, what is the English name of this kind of artwork, black and white and without a grey shed? Like this.

enter image description here

  • The first apple I'd call a "vector" shape. The second, a "sketch". The third, perhaps a "line drawing". But there are probably lots of options.
    – ralph.m
    Jun 17, 2023 at 3:37

1 Answer 1


"line drawing" would seem to fit the first and last picture.

The second one uses a particular technique to create shading, "cross-hatching".

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .