What is the proper name for the four legs (pads?) on the bottom of a laptop? I am thinking of those that are glued to the laptop and make the airflow circulation better under it.

  • 1
    I think enough native speakers wouldn't know the right term for these that the question would do just as well or perhaps better over on English Language & Usage. – hippietrail Mar 16 '13 at 9:25
  • 1
    @hippietrail I think ELU has more of a negative attitude – Theta30 Apr 10 '13 at 21:52

For most equipment they are called feet, but in the laptop context, add-on feet may be called bumpers or stands (1, 2) as well. Phrases “self-stick rubber pads” or “stick-on rubber pads” also may be used for particular kinds of feet.

  • "Rubber baby tablet bumpers." :^) – J.R. Mar 15 '13 at 22:22
  • "Risers" is general, but viable I think. – Justin Stafford May 16 at 15:26

They are called rectangular or circular rubber feet.

  • "rubber feet" does it for me (assuming they are made of rubber) – Theta30 Mar 19 '13 at 21:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.