I am looking for the correct word for the stripes in the blouse below. Can someone help with any ideas ?



Those are called darts.

From Merriam-Webster:

Dart: a stitched tapering fold in a garment

Darts are common in women's clothing to provide shaping.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.