A news reader (news anchor in the U.S.) looks into a camera. The camera has a screen that faces the news reader. Scrolling lines appear on the screen, and the news reader reads them.

What is it called? Is there a single word term for that?

3 Answers 3


I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, but check teleprompter.


In British English, we call that the autocue.


A device which projects an enlarged image of a script on to a clear glass screen in front of a person speaking on television or in public, so enabling the speaker to read their speech while appearing to be looking at the viewers or audience.


Am not sure of single word, but one of the common term for the device, which I believe can also be used for the words is: electronic speech notes

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .