I'm taking an online English Grammar course, and I'm a little bit confused with the adjectives order thing.
In the course is said that the order is:
- Opinion (nice, lovely, ugly, terrible)
- Size (big, small, enormous, tiny)
- Age (old, new, 12-year-old, ancient)
- Shape (square, oval, round)
- Color (blue, red, golden, spotted)
- Origin (Italian, European, American)
- Material (wooden, gold, silk)
- Use (dinner – dinner table, flower – flower pot)
So, in the phrase:
A RIDICULOUS CHEAP PLASTIC toy
To me, it seems that ridiculous and cheap "opinion" adjectives, so why does ridiculous go first?