How do we say this in English when our body suddenly shakes for a moment due to change in temperature? Sometimes, when we go to a place at higher temperature than that of where we were before, we experience a shiver for roughly 2 seconds. I don't know how we say that in English.

  • My body was "tingling" with the cold?
    – Mamta D
    Commented Apr 6, 2015 at 11:15
  • @MamtaD Tingling is a different sensation. It is the feeling as if a lot of small sharp points are pushing into a part of our body. It's not what I asked, anyway, thank you.
    – Gurpreet
    Commented Apr 6, 2015 at 11:22

2 Answers 2


We can say "I shuddered with the sudden blast of icy wind."


If the temperature suddenly dropped, you could say you felt a chill.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .