What the word is used for object in the picture and which verb is collocated with it?

enter image description here

  • you edited this question and now you are clear about it. Please inform the answerer whenever you edit your question with a major change.
    – Maulik V
    May 7 '15 at 7:14

I would call that an IV bag. IV is short for Intravenous Therapy.

As Maulik says, infuse is probably the best verb, although I would use a different phrase.

Give him electrolytes intravenously.

Give him electrolytes by IV.


In medical field, we call it as an 'infusion'. The object you see there from where the liquid comes is a 'bottle' made of plastic/glass etc.

For instance, a patient with severe dehydration comes, I may advise the nurse to treat him with the infusion of 5% dextrose or whatever.

The verb is infuse.

Infuse him with electrolytes

A major change in the question unbeknownst to me! [I'm removing the 'cartoon' part, it's not relevant now]

Yes, that's an infusion bag

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.