How to say somebody that his underwear, like a singlet, is visible through his shirt? Like if his cloths are wet, but not necessarily wet only, and you can see what's under the shirt. Is 'visible' the only word for that?

Would be really great if you could bring a couple of examples.

This could be a formal or informal way of saying that. Ideal, if both. Thanks there!

  • 2
    I would call the cloth "see-through". I don't think there is a single word that means "See-through because it's wet". – James May 23 '15 at 15:43
  • 1
    There's VPL (visible panty line), but that's normally only used in contexts where the outer material is stretched taut, so what you're seeing is the raised outline of the undergarment. For your context (transparency caused by the outer fabric being wetted), see-through is a likely term. – FumbleFingers May 23 '15 at 15:43

We can say

Your underwear can be seen through your shirt.

Your underwear is showing through your shirt.

or just

Your underwear is showing through.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.