What would be the passive version of "How did you get this book?" Could you also explain why? It has to be changed into passive voice, it is currently in active voice. Also, please elaborate on what is correct according to grammar.
In your sentence, get means obtain, come by, find,.... But you can't say that the book was got, that would be incorrect.
Some example sentences:
Passive, with you as the subject:
- By whom were you given this book?
- You were given this book by whom?
- Were you given this book?
Passive, with book as the subject:
- How/Where was this book found/obtained/bought/sold?
- This book was found/obtained/bought/sold?
- Was this book given to you?