I'm wondering if there's an expression for those cards (not necessarily a bank card), that some companies use to promote customers' fidelity, by giving out promotions, etc?

I was thinking of using the expression fidelity card. Is it okay?


Those are usually called 'loyalty cards', and they're part of a 'loyalty program'.

  • Note they are also referred to by the company that issued the card. A Loyalty card from Safeway could be called a "Safeway Card," from Costco a "Costco Card," etc. – Will Jul 24 '15 at 22:43

While loyalty card (as suggested by Glorfindel) is probably the correct generic term, the companies themselves often call them club cards, as if having one makes you a member of some exclusive club.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.