I'm wondering if there's an expression for those cards (not necessarily a bank card), that some companies use to promote customers' fidelity, by giving out promotions, etc?

I was thinking of using the expression fidelity card. Is it okay?

2 Answers 2


Those are usually called 'loyalty cards', and they're part of a 'loyalty program'.

  • Note they are also referred to by the company that issued the card. A Loyalty card from Safeway could be called a "Safeway Card," from Costco a "Costco Card," etc.
    – Will
    Jul 24, 2015 at 22:43

While loyalty card (as suggested by Glorfindel) is probably the correct generic term, the companies themselves often call them club cards, as if having one makes you a member of some exclusive club.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .