1.Two hours have passed since he fell asleep.
2. He has eaten nothing since yesterday.
Regarding the usage of since, as far as I know below are the only points:
- It shows the continuity of the task.
- It is used in the perfect continuous tenses.
- It is used in the form : has/have/had been + first form of verb + ing + since.
My query is :
- Neither of the above sentence is in perfect continuous tense but still since has been used there?
Suggestions please. Please let me know if I am missing any rule of since.