My landlord has just asked me to fill in an inventory and condition form, and in the section of the living room, I have come across to the words "windows and latches and screens". I have no idea what it is in my house.


Although screen could mean several things, when it comes after windows and latches, the first thing that would come to my mind would be a specific kind of "screen": a frame with fine wire netting used in a window or doorway to keep out mosquitoes and other flying insects (Oxford dictionary).

A photo of an insect screen:
Source: http://www.maxdecors.com/insect_screens.php
insect screen

In any case, if you're in doubt about anything in the form, the best solution is to ask your landlord.


Mostly likely it means curtains or blind, things attached to a window to block light coming into the room.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .