When someone throws something or someone out of a window, we have a word for it: Defenestrate

The meaning of defenestrate given by Oxford Dictionary:

formal or ,humorous The action of throwing someone out of a window:

'death by defenestration has a venerable history'

I am looking for two words similar to it:

1) - To throw someone/something out of a moving car.
2) - To throw someone/something from a rooftop.

I could not find any.

  • 3
    You'll have to make them up.
    – user230
    Oct 26 '15 at 6:49
  • 2
    @snailboat Like?
    – Usernew
    Oct 26 '15 at 6:49
  • 1
    Like - detrabbed, a verb?
    – Maulik V
    Oct 26 '15 at 6:56
  • 2
    How about topple for the second?
    – Mamta D
    Oct 26 '15 at 8:59
  • 2
    Funnily enough, there's actually a similar question on ELU (though the suggestions in the answers are similarly made up, and don't really fit the definition they're looking for, let alone yours) english.stackexchange.com/questions/230324/…
    – Jez W
    Oct 26 '15 at 12:47

We simply don't have in English the words you're looking for. Further, "defenestrate", while known by some, is really only used in connection with the start of WWI. You'll just have to spell your variations out.

  • 2
    I don't understand what you mean by "really only used in connection with the start of WWI". I know defenestrate from various more modern media (like t-shirts that refer to auto-defenestration) where it was intended to be somewhat humorous. Google NGrams shows it peaked in writing around 2000. books.google.com/ngrams/…
    – ColleenV
    Oct 26 '15 at 21:11
  • Specifically, @ColleenV, The Defenestration of Prague. The high school history class that covered that was the first time I ever heard the word, and I've heard it only rarely since then, usually in direct or backhanded references to the same. Oct 27 '15 at 10:58

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.