If someone has a habit of bending his neck down all the time then what can we call this? Is there any general name for this type of habit?

  • Something like text neck. – Alejandro Nov 26 '15 at 16:30
  • But isn't it used when someone texts? – Rayan Ahmed Nov 26 '15 at 16:38
  • Yes but perhaps the habit is related in some way. – Alejandro Nov 26 '15 at 16:41
  • But if someones walks with Bending neck down. Then what shuld we call this? – Rayan Ahmed Nov 26 '15 at 16:42
  • You mean like someone who's hunched over? Someone who has poor posture? – snailcar Nov 26 '15 at 19:14

I think you're talking about someone who's hunched over.

We can say someone who's constantly hunching over has poor posture, although there are other ways posture can be bad, too.

(The links go to Google Image Search so you can see what sorts of postures are associated with each phrase.)


In general, it may be called a mannerism.

  1. a habitual or characteristic manner, mode, or way of doing something; distinctive quality or style, as in behavior or speech: "He has an annoying mannerism of tapping his fingers while he talks."

If there is a medical jargon/terminology for this, I am honestly not aware; but in general, such may be called a mannerism.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.