There is a bar under the news on TV on which the important news is written and is moving slowly.

What is called? I thought of headline or subtitle bar, but I am not sure about them.


It is commonly referred to as a news ticker and can also be called a crawl(er), or a slide(r). I suppose its name derives from the stock market ticker tape which is a continuously updated display of trading prices.

| improve this answer | |

Its called a News Ticker. This is where all the main headlines appear, be it sports or business or current affairs, or even weather reports.

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    Also sometimes called a "crawl". – stangdon Dec 11 '15 at 19:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.