How to refer to a body's private/intimate parts with one word? Can't seem to find on the web.

As in this sentence, for instance:

Hey, please stop shaking your the word.

More looking for "flamboyant" words that can be used in funny contexts.

  • Genitals is the word for the sexual organs.
    – MaxW
    Jan 16 '16 at 23:09
  • Your mouth is also a private part. Do you want that to count? Jan 16 '16 at 23:13
  • 2
    Humorous and flamboyant words for genitalia can be found by searching for euphemisms. One of George Carlin's routines includes a list of euphemisms. Jasper Carrott has one too. My favourite euphemisms are 'lady garden' and 'gentleman sausage'.
    – ssav
    Jan 17 '16 at 1:19
  • 1
    BrE: naughty bits.
    – lurker
    Jan 17 '16 at 1:44
  • What exactly was he shaking? Nov 25 '17 at 11:20

You probably have two options for this. In general conversation - regular to formal environments - you'll want to use "genitals":

Please, stop shaking your genitals.

If you're talking to little kids, though, or in a much more colloquial setting you can use "privates":

Please, stop shaking your privates.

You do have more playful options:

  • Family Jewels - for guys only.
  • Pecker - More common in British English, but I think Americans would still get it. Only for guys.

While looking for more answers to your question, I found something perfect. Here are 2,600 words for male genitals and a couple of thousand words for female genitals spread out on a timeline over the last ~120 years or so. Here is a screenshot - it's really quite exhaustive:

  • Alex, thanks for your reply. Are there any slang, maybe jargon or just sarcastic words for privates/genitals? To be honest I know these, was more looking for curious, joking or some flamboyant ways to call body parts. Will probably edit the question to make it more clear.
    – Arman
    Jan 16 '16 at 23:47
  • 1
    @ArmanMcHitarian ah! great - my first language was Russian. The Russian word you gave reminded me of an English word. There is actually a more playful word for this - "family jewels" is used in place of genitals. Though I've heard it used mostly for guys.
    – Alex K
    Jan 17 '16 at 0:41
  • 2
    In BrE for males meat and two veg, fishing tackle; for women below the waist: fanny, not to be confused with AmE fanny meaning butt (two sides of the same coin); above the waist: baps (buns which are similar in shape to AmE hamburger buns, but bigger)
    – Peter
    Jan 17 '16 at 0:57
  • 1
    @Peter, and Alex(wow, мир тесен и прелестен :) ), tx, guys.
    – Arman
    Jan 17 '16 at 1:10
  • 1
    Regarding "pecker". I'm sure Americans get it no problem. From System Of A Down's IEAIAIO - "Peter's pecker picked another pickle-bearing pussy pepper." :) Always wanted to shout this :)
    – Arman
    Jan 17 '16 at 1:16

Assuming you're talking about bits that can be shaken (i.e. dangly bits) you could use "tockley" but it is a mostly Australian slang term so may not work for your audience.

I don't know of any word to refer to a labia that could be shaken.


Well, let's try one of these (only for guys): Hey, please stop shaking your "package". or Hey, please stop shaking that "third leg". Hey, please stop shaking your "middle leg". And then there is "willy": Hey, please stop shaking "willy". (I'm a guy - sometimes I say it to myself.)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.