I mean the type of person who likes to communicate with others and does so easily, and joins group activities easily. Could one call him a "social person"?

For example: "I'm a social person"

Someone was using it in a discussion, but I was not sure if it was correct.


A social person is perfectly correct. Or here is a brief list of synonyms you could also use.

  • (noun) a social person
  • (adj) social
  • (noun) a socialite
  • (noun) an extrovert
  • (adj) extroverted
  • (noun) a social butterfly
  • (adj.) outgoing
  • 1
    I don't think "socialite" is an appropriate word here. See Wikipedia. A socialite is a member of the leisure class who spends significant amounts of time entertaining and attending entertainment rather than working. – Daniel Jul 10 '13 at 15:12

I would call this person an extrovert. But you can definitely use social person as well.


Common terms are:



friendly (not exactly the same meaning, but often used that way)

gregarious (not very commonly used)


"Social Person" sounds odd to me.

"I'm a people person", "I'm good with people" or "I'm a social butterfly" all sound better to my ear.


Such a person could be described as a "communicative" person.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.