What is the common name of the soap that is put on the lavatory seat? For example if I'm in English speakers country and I'm going to the supermarket and ask the salesperson for this item, what should I call it?

enter image description here

  • Toilet seat sanitizer spray. – Khan Feb 11 '16 at 12:31
  • Do you know a word for it in any other language? I think you can just explain what you need, like "freshener that hangs on lavatory seat" or something like this. – Alissa Feb 11 '16 at 12:33
  • 1
    @Khan, I don't think it is spray, take a look at the picture. – Alissa Feb 11 '16 at 12:33
  • 4
    What you have pictured is not put on a toilet seat, it is hung inside the toilet bowl and is called a toilet bowl flush cleaner since it cleans what the toilet is flushed. These can be hung inside the toilet bowl or placed in the tank (cistern) behind the toilet bowl. Something put on a toilet seat would be a disinfectant to protect your bum. – Peter Feb 11 '16 at 13:47
  • 1
    @Peter Both the cleaners placed in the tank and the ones clipped to the side of the toilet bowl are called "automatic toilet bowl cleaners" in the US by the companies that make them. I've never talked about them much but I would probably have used "toilet cake" before I saw that some people actually bake cakes that look like toilets. (It's gross, don't Google it.) – ColleenV parted ways Feb 11 '16 at 21:28

In the UK this would most likely be known as a rim block.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.