I'm translating a sentence

the standards are approved by the customer or degreed metallurgist/equivalent as applicable

but I'm not quite sure about 'degreed'. Is it the same as graduated or qualified? I couldn't even find it in the dictionary.


A degreed metallurgist is the same as someone holding a degree in metallurgy.

Collins lists the word as meaning:

degreed (adj.) [education] having an academic degree

Wordnik lists it as well.

Essentially, it's about the same as graduated, in that you are awarded a degree when you graduate from an academic program.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.