If there's a name for the plastic band of shoelaces, a name for this should exist.

When I get into a new (public) place for first time and I know I'll return there a lot of times, I choose a site (that site is ever the same) where I put my things, and I never move my items to another place like normal people do. I do it constantly, like in the locker room of a swimming pool or of my school, I have a special place where to put my things.

In bars, I do the same, and in parks too (and at a lot of places also I do it).

Does it have a special name? What name does the person who does that get?


1 Answer 1


If you are looking for a medical term, Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) or Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) come to mind, describing a psychological conditition that forces the suffer to repeat actions or execute actions in a ritualized way.

A non-medical term, especially if you like things happening in always the same way or order, you would be a creature of habit.

  • 4
    I don't think the original post suggests disordered behavior. The tendency is quite natural.
    – sumelic
    Commented Apr 9, 2016 at 19:33

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .